We create the future with our innovative and sustainable products which help protect the environment and natural resources. From this basic principle, we are conscious of our responsibility for society and the community. Management and staff regularly and willingly work on behalf of people in need.
Here are a few examples of our social engagement:
- 2013: Support for the Asbl Organisation "Een Häerz fir kriibskrank Kanner" ("A heart for children with cancer").
The KÖHL Group is providing support for young Gianni, who was diagnosed with an intraocular fibrosarcoma on his left eye when he was 2 months of age. He has now beaten the cancer.
His family experienced fear, helplessness, loneliness and pain throughout the course of the illness.
He and his family ought to know that they are not alone. We want to assist them and support them financially for the operations that Gianni still needs for the reconstruction of his left eye.
- 2013: supporting the "Asian Elephant Foundation" which helps save Asian elephants. Over the last 100 years, the number of Asian elephants has declined by 90%. If we do not act now, the Asian elephant will be extinct in a matter of decades.
The KÖHL Group took part in the Elephant Parade Trier Luxembourg; this is the largest international art exhibition of elephant statues. We hope we will be able to make our own small contribution to protecting the environment with our "Map Luxembourg" elephant.The elephants were sold off at two large gala auctions and the proceeds donated to the "Asian Elephant Foundation". We also put our own elephant up for auction; 50% of the proceeds will go to the "Asian Elephant Foundation", and the remaining 50% will be donated to "Een Häerz fir kriibskrank Kanner".
The "Asian Elephant Foundation" uses the money for various projects in Asia, ranging from the setting up and maintenance of elephant hospitals to the creation and safeguarding of their natural habitat.
The KÖHL Group's "Map Luxembourg" elephant was bought at auction by the company, Luxenergie. Altogether, a sum total of 305,500 euro was raised in bids at the first auction.
- 2011: Environment-based development partnership with the aim of making a sustainable contribution to environmentally-friendly power supply - using the latest technologies. Small, tailor-made efficient photovoltaic island systems for autonomous power supply units were provided to the Tuareg people at four primary schools in the North of Niger. This aid project was also supported by Care LU, the City of Luxembourg and Siemens.
- 2011: Financial support to help the victims of the tsunami in Japan.
- 2010: Financial support for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti benefiting the Maltese Cross aid organisation.
- Financial and material support for "Tschernobyl-Hilfe Erbeskopf e. V.", which offers children from Belarus respite in our region.
Would you like to know more about our social engagement? Get in touch.