Flattening of conditioned raw stems before cutting is an established practise in the CRES processing in order to increase the filling power and to optimize the cutting process. For this process HEINEN KÖHL offers the Stem Flattener that mainly consist of:
- framework and support made of hollow profile construction
- two hard chill-cast rollers that are mounted on self-aligning roller bearings and are driven by two shaft-mounted geared brake motors with torque arm support
- adjustable roller gap due to adjusting screws
- cup springs to obtain the roller position and to protect the rollers against damage
- cleaning of the rollers is done by 2 easy replaceable scrapers
- the moistening of the stems is carried out by above arranged water nozzles
- steam or water application to the roller will avoid the build-up of tobacco
- a blockage detection with optical sensors is monitoring the process
- The hood made from stainless steel is equipped with large service lids with safety sensors
Roller gap can easily be adjusted and the capacity of the Stem Flatteners can be chosen in different ranges.
Optionally the Stem Flatteners can be equipped with a grinding unit for smoothing the rollers incl. switch cabinet for automatic grinding procedure.